Tuesday 9 March 2010

Bobby Birdman, someone awful and YACHT at Ritual Nightclub, Ottawa, 06/03/10

My external flash totally failed me for this show as it was battery-life less and I neglected to check, but luckily the light at Ritual was alright so hurr are tha picturrz. This type of show isn't usually my kinda thing but it was actually really enjoyable except for the 2nd support act whose name escapes me (this is probably a good thing) and was ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. I walked out to poison my lungs while she was playing. Bobby Birdman should have had that slot as there was hardly anyone there to enjoy his funny little dances. Alas, funny little dances were witnessed during YACHT who were quite tops and definitely daggy dance friendly (aka the only way I know how).










4 comments:

  1. Jona's looking a bit Ben Stiller there. Great great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nose-mblance. Thanks!

    Which YLT set that you recorded is better? A question I have been meaning to ask for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both turned out pretty shitty. The Basement show was fucking awesome but given that it was a interview thing half of it is crowd noise/them telling stories. The Metro show in general wasn't very good. Ends with a hilarious John Paul Young cover though.

    But I say the Basement one.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Followers

About Me

My photo
A lackadaisical photo blog of bands I sometimes see. Feel free to use them (even better if you can link them, too).
free counters