Friday 14 May 2010

Knifemare, Centretown Cripplers, and Bad Vibrations at Babylon Nightclub, 11/05/10

Tuesday night shows with actual good bands are tops. Something about being on holidays (holy days!) 'n all that. So I got there as Knifemare were playing their last song unfortunately and got no photos, but they sounded killer [bees] from where I was standing (the bathroom). Seemed like Centretown Cripplers took a while to warm to playing an actual live show with an actual audience, but once they eased up their songs were top fun - the last one and a half especially. Am I allowed to say they sounded a bit '70s garage-punk? Mayhaps it's the keys and guitars x3. I really enjoyed Bad Vibrations - the beauty about them is that they have the simplest set-up: no fancy pedals and a really basic drum kit and they're just 3 snot-nosed kids who want to play sweet tunes with the minimal shit that they have and have fun while they do it. An equation that seems to work. Looking forward to seeing them at Obey Convention IV again.

This was also my last show in Ottawa before leaving for bigger and better and scarier things so I'm feeling a little sentimental (or maybe I'm getting that confused with my terror that I'll be house-less for almost 3 months). It's been rad (mostly), the shows have all been fun - even if I hated a band here and there, and the people pretty friendly too. SO THANKS! Goodbye Capital.
(It feels so cheesy writing that down.)












http://www.myspace.com/knifemareworldwide
http://www.myspace.com/centretowncripplers
http://www.myspace.com/bdvbes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Followers

About Me

My photo
A lackadaisical photo blog of bands I sometimes see. Feel free to use them (even better if you can link them, too).
free counters